Shiseido Professional teams up with distributor Aura Beauté Group; establishes joint venture in Indonesia

Shiseido Professional teams up with distributor Aura Beauté Group; establishes joint venture in Indonesia

In a bid to accelerate the growth of its professional business, Shiseido has established a joint venture in Indonesia with Aura Beauté Group, the current distributor for the Shiseido Professional brand in the country. The new company will be named PT Shiseido Professional and holds capital of IDR 30 billion, with Shiseido taking a majority stake of 65 percent and Aura Beaute retaining the remaining 35 percent.

The move forms part of the Japanese cosmetics giant’s VISION 2020 strategy to accelerate global activities for its professional brands, JOICO and Shiseido Professsional.

Shiseido Professional entered the Indonesian market in December 2013 and has since built up a loyal following of salon owners. The country’s large population (ranked top among ASEAN countries at 250 million) and rapidly growing middle class provides a promising market for future growth.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *